Saturday, April 24, 2010

I spent over 2,000 Koruna in Prague!

It felt strange getting two 1,000 Koruna bills out of the ATM when we arrived in Prague...but that is only equivalent to $105. The worst part about flying to Prague was when they took Olivia’s peanut butter at security (They consider it a cream) :( Peanut Butter is not big in Italy, so when we find some at the store we are pretty happy girls! It was funny how many times it got brought up… “I can’t believe they took your peanut butter!” Prague was such a fun weekend…it was definitely the largest culture shock I have experienced since coming here. It reminded me of Russia, but I loved Prague and we had a great time.
We got to our hostel, the Czech Inn, on Thursday evening…so we checked in at the Czech Inn ;)



My roommates and I got a one bedroom apartment for the night, which cost about the same as a regular room we would have shared with complete strangers. The Czech Inn was the nicest hostel we have stayed at so far, probably nicer than some of the hotels I have stayed at. We had a big room, nice bathroom, and kitchen all to ourselves – it was awesome!



We were so excited that we were able to cook breakfast each morning, it felt like home! The first night we had our first Mexican meal since arriving in Europe…it was delicious and well needed! The girls and I got all ready to go out, but had a better time hanging out in the apartment, drinking wine, telling stories, and laughing until our stomachs hurt. We were kind of embarrassed when we talk to people and told them we were in Prague, but not going out. Guess that’s what happens when you get five silly girls in a room together. Olivia and I made a delicious breakfast the next morning!!!




We took the tram into Old Town Square where we met up with one of the free walking tours. It is so neat how all of the cities have free tours (some lasting for 3 hours) and all you have to do is tip at the end! The city was pretty cool, way different from all of the other cities we have visited. 



That night we went out for an authentic Czech meal…it was down the street from our hostel and one of the hostel employees recommended it. The food was sooo good! I’m sure you won’t be surprised to hear that I ordered a cheese plate! Olivia and I split the most amazing Czech beef dish with potato bread dumplings, it was delicious. We split the cheese plate, entrĂ©e, and cucumber salad for only $5 each, and we had sooo much food! It was incredible. One of my friends has run into her friend from home who was studying abroad in Prague, so we ended up hanging out with him and his friends that night and they took us to a bar. The next day we went to the Prague castle, Charles’ Bridge, and famous cathedral.  





The weather was really pretty, which was nice because it rained the day before. The John Lennon wall was such a fun place to take pictures.  The wall was really cool, full of color, and interesting artwork.




We enjoyed taking pictures and finding different phrases that we could take pictures of.

After that Caitlin and I went on a hunt for one of the many Thai massage places we had passed. I had the most amazing massage!!! It was the best massage I have had and so relaxing, which we definitely needed. That night we went out to dinner to celebrate Caitlin’s 21st birthday (my roommate). We found a Mexican restaurant…as you can see we definitely miss Mexican food in Italy! After dinner we braced ourselves for the famous FIVE story club! The girls and I had so much fun! And Caitlin had us hysterically laughing at the bus stop before heading home. She had a great birthday and we were glad that we were all together to celebrate! Not sure if you are aware, but I have been to Paris…Twice! Haha well maybe just the airport, but now I can say that I have been to Paris ;)


Hugs and Kisses! 
Ciao xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment