For Spring Break we went to Cabo!!! Just kidding :) We did
Barcelona for three nights then spent the rest of the week in
Ireland! It was out last time flying Ryan Air, which I am thrilled about. I have never been a fan of flying, but it has never been worse than when I fly with Ryan Air. I found myself sitting on the plane before take-off wondering if I would even make it to
Barcelona. Haha that sounds so horrible, but I honestly sat there before take-off and landing wondering if the pilot was qualified enough to fly a plane. I mean an 8 euro flight…I can’t expect too much. I remember thinking how bad I would feel for my mom. Haha let’s just say I will never fly Ryan Air again! Yay! It is honestly such a bizarre airline and super cheap…they don’t even serve complimentary drinks during the flight. Although, they do offer BURGERS…how random! I started laughing to myself when the lady came over the speaker announcing that we could purchase burgers. Later in the flight a women came down the aisle, looking like Vana White, selling smokeless cigarettes…again I laughed to myself! When I woke up from my nap, no joke there was a cart going down the aisle…not with drinks, but with PERFUME! What? I was so confused. The final thing they offered us was a Ryan Air Membership Card…I wanted to raise my hand and ask who in their right mind would want to purchase a frequent flyer card for such a crappy airline! But I splurged and bought you all a frequent flyer card…NOT!

We arrived in Barcelona, realizing that our Spanish we once knew had been taken over by the Italian we are learning…very similar, but definitely not the same. We got in the cab to go to the hostel and Caitlin plops down in the front seat, smiles at the cab driver and says, “Hola, como estas?” The cab driver proceeded to growl at her and completely ignored her question. We later learned that they don’t speak Spanish in Barcelona, they speak Catalan. They also talk with lisps…so they call it Barthelona and they thank people with Grathias!
We stayed at Kabul Hostel right off of
Ramblas street, which is a main street with lots of shops, restaurants, and street performers.
The first night we opted out on going out with the people from our hostel (they took everyone out each night to a different place). Instead we went to My Bar…well not my bar, but it was called My Bar! It was a lot of fun, mostly because they gave us free peanuts! We met a group of guys from
England who were on vacation for one of the guys’ bachelor party. They were super nice and really funny.
The next day we walked to the beach!!!
On the way there we shopped at the open air market that ran down the walkway to the beach. It was soooooo nice to see a beach! It made me think of home. It was so pretty and nice and sunny! We had lunch at a little restaurant on the strand…they had the best Sangria!
This is one thing I learned about
Spain…they don’t go out until 2 in the freaking morning!!! There is no way I could have studied abroad in
Spain, it would have kicked my butt. Each day we had to come back and take a nap around 8 or 9…then wake up and get ready to head out at
2am (which is normally the time we are coming home from the bars). We went with the hostel to a club called Razzmatazz (sounds fun huh). We took the tram there at
2am, danced until
6am, then headed to the beach because we had made a pact earlier in the day to watch the sunrise in
Barcelona. Caitlin, Olivia, Whitney, and I sat on the steps at the beach and watch the sunrise. It was absolutely gorgeous! But of course Olivia’s camera died just before the sun came up. I googled a picture for you guys.
The sun was neon orange, it was incredible. We managed to get to the hostel at
8am just in time for breakfast…ate breakfast and went to bed at
9am. Hahaha I can’t even believe that we did that. Like I said
Spain would kick my butt.
We took a long nap, then went to one of
Barcelona’s famous parks. It was a Sunday so there were so many people there. It was such a fun environment…a bunch of groups of friends sitting around, relaxing, making music, laughing, playing soccer, napping, etc. It was great. We just sat there and people watched. It just kind of put a smile on your face watching everyone interact.
We found a small little pond where you could rent boats for 30 minutes, so the four of us paddled around this really pretty pond as the sun was starting to go down.
No need for an explanation! Hahahahaha!
We headed back to the hostel for a nap. But here is the problem when you go to bed at 9am that morning…We planned on waking up around 11pm so we could do something that night. We all set our alarms and took a nap at 9pm. 8 hours later we woke up wondering why it was 5am, apparently none of us woke up that night to go out..Oops!
We went to the castle the next day, with beautiful coastal views!
After that we attempted to go to the top of the highest point in
Barcelona, but the trolleys weren’t running as often as they said they were. We ended our day out going to the Temple Sangrada Familia…it was really neat, except for the cranes that ruined my pictures. We ended our trip walking down Ramblas.
Barcelona was great! It made us so happy to be by the beach, but I will not miss the night life.
Hugs and Kisses.
Ciao, xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment