So basically I am going to be fluent before ya know it! Haha well maybe not, but I feel like I have learned so much in the past two weeks. The title of the blog means I love my family and friends!!! I had my first quiz in Italian today, and I think I did really well! My theology quiz on the other hand, not so much! I swear he made up the questions from a entirely different reading...none of us had any idea what he was asking. Oh well.
Guess where I am going tonight??? (Mom - don't act like you guessed correctly, I already told you) I leave for Interlaken, Switzerland tonight for the weekend, yayyy! I'm so excited. I am going skydiving!!! Haha just kidding, I can just picture my mom falling out of her chair. Ali went skydiving, but for some reason mom had a problem with me going...probably because I am her FAVORITE daughter...shhh don't tell Ali. The way I look at it is that I'm saving $400 by not skydiving, which I can use to go shopping. Ha! I crack myself up.
Last weekend my friends and I stayed in Firenze and took a day trip to Sienna on Saturday. It was such a beautiful city! We took an 1.5 hour train ride, which wasn't bad at all. My friend, Casey, was eating an orange on the train and it reminded me of Soarin' Over California at California Adventures ( I knew my friends and Mary would enjoy that!!!) All of us took naps and listened to our ipods and I reminded myself of my daddy, probably not a good thing at times hehe. One thing my dad always forgets is to talk a little softer when he has headphones in his ears. So there I am on the train talking to my friends and I could tell by the looks on their faces that I was pretty much yelling. It is hard to talk quietly when you have headphones in because you can't hear yourself talk, and lets be honest, that is the only reason why I like to talk in the first place. Haha just kidding. But this still doesn't beat my dad's headphones stories. When we were in Carlsbad, dad would always be listening to his asian movies during the day and our conversations would go something like this...
Ali: Dad, what are we having for lunch?
Dad: DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE SANDWICHES NOW!!!!
Ali: Dad, Why are you yellllllling???
Dad: WHAT???
But Ali and my favorite story to this day took place years ago...we were on the beach in Hawaii. Ali and I were laying by the water and dad was in the shade, once again watching asian dramas. He came to tell us he was going to the bathroom, but he forgot he was wearing those noise blocking headphones. As he got closer to us he called our names, as we turned around he proceeded to scream, "I"M GOING TO GO TAKE A DUMP!!!" Thanks dad, now everyone on the beach of Waikiki knows!
Sorry I guess this is a blog about Italy, not my silly dad.
Anyways we bought a 10 Euro pass for the city that got us into the top four attractions. My two favorite places were the city's Duomo (cathedral) and the Panarama view as the top of a tower that overlooks the entire city!!! The Duomo was gorgeous! It is my favorite church I have ever been inside! The inside was black and white, which I loved and thought it was so unique looking. Inside I paid for 4 votive candles...one for my mom, dad, ali, and me! It made me happy to think of my family :)
The most amazing view of the city was at the very top of these tower arches...it overlooked all of Sienna and the beautiful countryside that we didn't have time to see in person. If you haven't seen them already I posted the link to my Picassa album below. Keep in mind these are unedited pictures...I haven't had time to update them yet. Sorry! You will see one of the videos of a little boy on one of the small cobblestone streets. There was a large group of girls walking to one of the churches when all of a sudden we thought we were being mugged...it was the cutest little boy coming after us with silly string, he was laughing soooo hard and thought it was so funny.
I'll keep this one relatively short cause I heard someone was complaining about the length of my posts (cough cough Carly) haha just kidding. But we are going to the store to stock up on PB&J to save some money this weekend, cause we heard that Switzerland is super expensive.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOMMY AND DADDY! 26 years...I'm so happy for you guys! I hope I find someone to love just like the two of you! Have a nice, relaxing day :) xoxo
I have skyped with my mom, dad, Ali, Kristen, and Danielle...the rest of you guys are slacking. You can download skype for free :) I want to see your pretty faces!!! My skype name is amanda.ito
Hugs and Kisses
Ciao
xoxo
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Switzerland woderbar, loved your pics already need more from Switzerland. love from wet LA ciao Mike
ReplyDeleteWOW! The photos were great. Sounds like you're really getting around. We had to print out a map of the area to track your visits. Let us know about your Interlaken visit.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Tish & Ruth.